Wednesday, June 17, 2009

OUCH!!!!

(This picture is of the top back of his head, we tried to shave and butterfly it but it didn't work )
Last night the kids and I headed to the ballpark for another night of games. Eric had meetings and was going to meet us later. We were not there for more than 10 min. when Bryson fell a short distance off the bleachers. Thinking we would just need an ice pack for the gooseegg, I picked him up and headed to get one. I turned him around and saw blood and a pretty deep gash, then I noticed his mouth was bleeding. Not just any part of his mouth, but the same side that he has cut open 2 times before. Needless to say it was a trip to the E.R. for 5 staples in his head. His 3 front teeth are most likely dead. Being hit for the third time they have been pushed a good amount up into his gums and no longer meet when he bites together.


I know this sounds crazy to say, but it was great to take a trip to the E.R. for something normal kids do. And he didn't even miss a beat. He was asking to go to the baseball field and play baseball the whole way home from the hospital. Love ya Bug!!!!!!


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Man, that is a nasty wound. Too bad about the teeth! Hope he heals up quick!!

Shari Loveless said...

Hey Jenny, wow, there is always something when you have little ones, and sports events. I miss those days, but I have great memories of them. Hope all stays well with all of you. Love ya, Shari

Mike and Linda Bringhurst said...

Sounds like Bryson is a true baseball fan. Sounds like he is a true Quinney. We are also glad that altho it wasn't just a simple bump needing ice, it was a 'normal' part of growing up and he handled it like a champ!!! Way to go Bryson. How did the games turn out. Were Preston and Brock both playing?
love, mom b

Mp said...

Oh no, poor boy what a nasty fall, I hope he heals quickly...and the teeth yikes! Bryson is one tough kiddo!

Hugs,
Mike