
Well it has been a few days since my first half marathon and I think I am starting to feel my legs again. I think if somone told me that I would be able to keep my feet moving for two hours straight, covering 13 miles a couple of years ago I would have thought they were up in the night. However, I am proud to say that I reached a goal that I had set out for myself this year in running a half-marathon. It was a great experience and a beautiful run down Ogden Canyon. I think I finished 419th in the half with over a thousand runners covering the same distance.
During the run I had lots of time to think and came to the conclusion that running a half-marathon or any race is much like life for me. I am not in the race to win it, I am competing to finish and to complete a goal. I knew that if I would just keep my feet moving that I would eventually cross the finish line. There were thousands of people, all with different paces but the same goal in mind, the finish line. When we got there we all got the same medal (reward). The key was progress, it did not matter how fast or slow. I think that sometimes I get caught up in trying to live life at the same pace of the people around me, only to get tired and stop progressing. On the other hand, if I were to slow down to much I would not be progressing very fast and I would not be using my abilities to the fullest. It is all about finding that right pace. There will be the downhill (easy) times in life and the uphill battles, but it is all about keeping the feet moving and pushing ourselves to the point of making good time but not going into overload.
I had a blast and look forward to running a full marathon soon!!
1 comment:
Congrats on your accomplishment. Although I love running my joints no longer bring me joy after a run. I think I've retired. AMIE
Post a Comment