Wednesday, January 09, 2008

To be as innocent as a child

Well things are going quite well at the house. Beside the normal winter time head colds, things are good. Bryson is holding is own.
I thought I would share with you a moment I had with Brock, our 5 year old.

This past Sunday, Eric stayed home with Bryson because he had been running a fever, so I took the older kids and went to church. We were in sacarament meeting and Brock was sitting with the Toomers. Well Preston got up and bore his testimony. (Which was very wonderful) Then Brock came around the chairs to where I was sitting and began pacing back and forth in the isle. I immediatly asked him if he needed to go potty. That is generally par for the course for him. To my surprise he said no and mumbled something and sat on my lap. He wouldn't sit still, so again I asked if he needed me to take him potty. He answered with a definate no. So there we sat. Then out of the blue he turned around to me and said, (as only Brock can say in his cute speech) 'Mom is the church true?' I smiled and said 'Yes it is Brock.' Before I could say anything else he jumped off my lap, marched right up to the pulpit and proceeded to bear his testimony.
I thought to myself later that night as I was telling Eric about it, why can't we be so willing to believe? Why must we question things? Why can't it be that easy for us to not only believe, but then act upon that belief? Oh to be as innocent as a child. I LOVE YOU BROCK!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!