Saturday, July 12, 2008

WHERE IS BRYSON?!?!?!?!

I am sure you can all relate to a moment when you have lost sight of your child, if even for a split second, or thought that somebody else was watching them just to find out they thought you were. Well today was one of those moments with Bryson. (I can laugh at it now, but also have learned a valuable lesson)
It seems as though lately this has been a phrase that is heard multiple times a day in our house. Being that he is on oxygen 24/7, we have gotten used to knowing that all we have to do is follow the oxygen cord and Bryson will be at the end of it. Well the past little while he has figured out how to disconnect himself. So we thought we were being tricky by tying his cord in a not where it connects, making it harder to undo. Not the case! This morning as we were all going about our day Eric asked me if I had seen Bryson, I told him that I saw him in the shop. Well sure enough he had been in the shop because his cord was there, but no Bryson. So as I slowly start to panic because the door is open to the outside, we begin calling for Bryson. Eric went to look around the side of the house and I figured he would find him. When he didn't my fears became worse. So I yelled again 'BRYSON'. Now keep in mind that he is at the age of not answering you if you call. Well after calling his name a few times, I hear a faint 'mom'. I look across the street on our neighbors corner and there he is standing in the mud that has collected in the gutter. What a relief and reality check! I didn't realize how much we depended on knowing that Bryson would always be at the end of his cord. Thankfully no one called child services. haha So now we will figure out another way to keep him connected to his cord. :)
Jennylin

2 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

LOL! Cute little guy. That would have been a cute shot but who has time for a camera when your heart is in your stomach. =)

Djinni said...

I am glad you found Bryson. How scary, I am glad you had a happy ending.