Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Change in Lifestyle

Well to start out my blog I thought I should at least bring everyone up to speed on the major happenings around the family. It seems like everyone has a little of something going on, I thought maybe we could write a blog about a different memeber of the family each day so as not to bore everyone on the first entry.

Eric - Well I have included before and after pictures of what is going on with me these days. On January 1, 2006 I started out with a new years resolution to live a healthier life and that meant shedding a few pounds. I parted ways with my beloved Mountain Dew for the last time at the stroke of midnight to ring in the new year. These lips have not tasted of it again, these days you might find me with an occasional diet coke with lime!!! 135 lbs have been lost to date and I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it feels. I have taken up running and biking and recently competed in a mini triathlon and a couple of 5K Races. I have my sights set on a 10K next month and a half marathon in the Spring. In my spare time, I am the Elder's Quorum President, serve on the City Council and am employed as the Chief Administrative Officer for the Uinta County Fire and Amblulance Service. I also graduated with my master's in public administration in May, so needless to say we seem to always have something to do!

So if you ready to run a 5K, 10K or a Half-Marathon, drop me a line, I would love to do it with you!!

Eric


1 comment:

Bringhurst Family said...

YEA I'm so glad ya'll have a blog. Now it's like a gym membersihip it doesn't do you any good if you don't use it. So keep up the good work it's fun to do and read.