Monday, October 02, 2006

Officiating


Well after finishing school in the spring I found that I once again I had an extra five minutes everyday and decided to fill it up by getting involved in officiating. I did my first varisty game Friday night up in Jackson Hole, where the Jackson Broncs took on the Rock Springs Tigers. I am part of a five man crew and I am a line judge. The line judge is positioned on the line of scrimmage on one side of the field with the head linesman on the other side. While this offers a great view of the action, it also puts you in great position for the coach on the same sideline to fill the ears with all sorts of nice words. This part does not bother me one bit, I guess the six years of listening to people complain about their tickets has hardend my sense of compassion to those that complain. Today I got to spend 2 hours in the driving rain doing a junior varisty game where the Lyman Eagles got smoked by Kemmerer 30-0. A few more weeks of football and then it is on to the basketball court where the fans are closer and where nobody is shy to tell you what they think!!

2 comments:

Bringhurst Family said...

Nice outfit.

Anonymous said...

can you officiate without a big belly?

John