Being the kind of mom who wants to control everything in my kids life to keep them safe has just taken a giant step. This summer our town put in a bike path from Lyman out Urie where our kids go to school. It is approx. 2 miles one way from our house to go there. Well having the determined kids I have they wanted to ride their bikes to school instead of the bus. Of course I put them off with every excuse I could. Then over the weekend Eric rode with them to see if they could even make it that far. Well they could. Now this morning I have never seen my kids get ready for school so fast in my life. Then came the question: Mom can we ride our bikes to school?. I had no more reasons to tell them no. Even though it might rain today. they assured me that it is not raining now. Anyways after giving them my be safe, stay together and call me when you get there talk I let them go. Now here I sit waiting for the phone call from them saying they got there o.k. So I figured I would blog about it to make the time go by quicker.
I am thinking they may ask me to pick them up from school because it is looking cloudy outside and the wind is blowing. So we will wait paitently for the phone call to hear how the ride out to school went. In the mean time I am learnng to relax as a mother and let them try those things that they think they can conquer. And so far they have conquered all they have tried, My kids are very determined once they set their minds to something. (just like their dad)
Well I will let you know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment