
Well in the crisp morning air of Midway, UT (39 Degrees at Race Time to be exact), I managed my first 10K Race. The 10K (6.2 Miles) race was part of the Swiss Days Celebration held every year in Midway, near Heber City.
The results: Overall Time 51:39
6th Place in age group (30-34)
61st Male Overall (314 Registered Runners)
8:18 Mile Pace
What is interesting about these results is the pace is actually a faster pace then I had run in a couple of 5K races earlier in the summer. So when I ran a longer distance I seemed to pick up the pace which seems to be exactly the opposite of what should happen. It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to the next big adventure. If this is the last offical run of the season it won't be the end of my running for the winter, RUN ON I SAY. I am looking towards March and hope to do a Half Marathon in Moab, UT. IF all goes well I have penciled in June 2, 2007 to complete the Salt Lake City Marathon. My mind is ahead of my body at this point, but I find it helpful to work towards fixed specific goals. So if any of you family and friends out there in cyberland want to join me in these pursuits, please let me know!!
Eric
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun race. I would love to go running in the cool morning air. We're lucky if its 70 in the morning here. Might I suggest checking into the Crazy Bobs mountain run. It is a very fun race up near Lagoon. They say it is about 11-13 miles long depending on how many times you get lost.
Brandon
Post a Comment