Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Cold Vs Hot
As I look out my office window and watch the snow (yes snow), fall gently from the sky I felt compelled to write about which is better the cold or the heat. Last weekend I attended a fire chiefs convention in Dallas, Texas. Tempratures were in the low 90's with humidty around 50-60% and at times a gusty wind was blowing. I can honestly say that most times while outdoors I felt like I was standing in a furnace. It did however remind me of my days in the tropical Dominican Republic with humidty levels of 90-95%. Wyoming is mostly noted for its colder weather, but one can at least prepare themselves to be comfortable in it most of the time if they so desired. Now the thought of growing anything outdoors might be out of the question, but do we sacrifice our personal comfort for the sake of growing a tomato? So I guess I will throw out the question, what do you prefer? The hot or the cold?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
After this summer I thought some cold weather state was where I was moving to. But then all I have to do is flashback to my long cold night in your trailer and I'm warm and fuzzy all over again for TEXAS. AMIE
Post a Comment