Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Life Insurance

After reading a post on Brandon and Amie’s blog about insurance, I had to write a little something on the topic of life insurance. The idea of having life insurance became important to me after the loss of two of my firefighters last year. Well when I checked into getting a policy last summer I found out that, I was in a poor health class because of my weight and the premium was going to be very expensive, so the idea of getting a policy was not in the budget. Well one year later and 140 lbs lighter I checked into the idea once again because I fit into the "normal" weight range as dictated by the insurance company. Therefore, I began the paperwork for insurance for myself, Jennylin and a little on each of the kids. After all of the medical paperwork, blood draws, and screening we now have life insurance. I did not know how it was going to go with Jennylin's health history involving the "c" word. The premium however is higher then quoted because they still have given me a poor health rating (same class as a smoker). The reason being they tell me is that I have had too much weight loss that was not under a doctor’s care. I asked them to come run a 10K with me and then rate my health, but they did not take me up on the offer.

No comments: