Saturday, April 12, 2008

Update

So Sam (my brothers boy) has been admitted to Primarys for a 2 week 'flush and antibiotics'. They tested their 3 year old and he tested negative. YEA!!! So now we will just wait for more test results and they will begin the regimen of a child with Cystic Fibrosis. Today he is getting a PIC line to receive his antibotics. He takes enzymes before any meal or snacks. That will help his body asorb the vitamins that his body hasn't been asorbing because his pancreas insn't functioning. Obviously the winters are extra hard on CF kids because of the 'extra' gunk in their lungs. Sam has been very blessed to never have been hospitalized before now. The doctors are amazed. After this inital stay they will return to clinic for monthly visits for the first year. There is so much for them to take in right now that they are obviously very overwhelmed. Your prayers are felt and so much appriciate by all of our family. They are going to set up a blog as soon as they get time. So once they do I will let you all know what it is, until then I will keep you updated on here. Thanks again.
Jennylin

1 comment:

Philip and Jill Holyoak said...

I am so glad to you are giving us updates. I am just sick about Sam. Our thoughts and prayers are with your entire family. We love you!!!
Jill