Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What is normal again???

People ask, "Are your lives back to normal yet?" And I usually reply with something like, "A new normal I guess." What is normal anymore I ask myself. I have decided normal is taking things a day at a time, or sometimes a moment at a time.
Megan and Greg had their first baby on April 15th. What a cutie he is!!! Cousin Sam is looking at possibly getting dischared from the hospital this weekend. We are hoping to hear on Bryson halter monitor results sometime this week. And we are so grateful for Aunt Alisse and Uncle Rick. Their household went from 5 kids to 9 kids this last weekend as they watched our 4 children while Eric and I went to Oregon for his Dads final memorial services. It has been a very busy couple of weeks.
So the kids are getting busy with summer activites starting up. Ashlee starts a volleyball camp that the local high school does every year. Preston starts practice and games for baseball. And Brock starts T-ball next month. I think they are getting excited for school to be over and warmer weather to come. So I have to share a funny story about Preston. Every night when the kids go to bed, Ashlee and Preston stay up reading their books in their beds. Last night I went to tuck them in and tell them it was time to stop reading. Preston begged to finish his book. After all it was only 50 more pages. :) I told him he could finish it tomarrow. Well a few hours later when Eric and I headed to bed, I went upstairs to turn off the lights and found Preston sitting in the bathroom reading the last page of his book. He just grinned at me. I was confused as to wether I should be sad because he disobeyed or laugh because my son sneeks out of bed to finish a good book. Well after doing a little bit of both he was off to bed. He went to school today and took his A.R. test on the book and got a 10 out of 10. Good Job Buddy!!!!
Well we will post more when we hear back on Brysons heart monitor tests.

5 comments:

Mike and Linda Bringhurst said...

Wow, now that is a boy that likes to read! I can remember when I was little, it would be past my bedtime and I would crawl under my bedcovers with a flashlight keep reading after my dad said 'lights out'. I was sure my mom and dad never suspected, but as a parent I have realized that moms and dads know alot more than as kids we give them credit for knowing. I think it was just a battle that mom and dad didn't feel was worth fighting. So, Preston--grandma b loved to read when it was after bedtime too.
love, mom b

Anonymous said...

Ohh Quinneys how I can relate to what is normal. I keep telling myself that I can't wait to get back to normal life, but the truth is I have no idea what normal life with be like for us and I am super nervous. You guys have been such an inspiration for us here, you probably have no idea to the exctent of your inspiration, but its a lot. Eric's note was so sweet and Jeremy was so happy and emotional to read it so thank you so much Eric. And Preston what a cutie pie:)

Youngfamily said...

LOL! I had not thought of it that way. I don't know that I have asked you that but I do know that I think that about you guys.

Rasmussens said...

I think your little boy is so dang cute, and getting so big. Your kids sound like they are keeping you busy. IT sounds like alot of fun. Hope all is gooing well with you and your family.

Hanberg's said...

We are hoping for good news on Bryson's tests this week. Please keep us posted. We miss you guys... and Jen, I've been meaning to call and thank you for my new best friend, the vibrating chair. Cameron loves it, its been a lifesaver. And everyone comments on his adorable polka dot blanket :) Thanks!!