Late Monday night we got a phone call from a friend saying that we might want to fill up whatever we can with water because their are problems at the water treament plant. So we finally filled our 55 gallon drum with water. (It has only sat empty for at least 3 years) Well by Tuesday morning school had been cancelled because of the water problem. Later that day we got a call saying the valley was on red alert and we needed to boil our water for 3-5 minutes before consuming. Well I just happened to be at Wal-Mart with my friend Janet doing some grocery shopping. Needless to say we came home with her van filled with as much bottled water as it would hold. (What better time then the present to start our 2 year supply of water. :) Anyway, a little later that night we got another phone call saying that school was on for Wednesday just send the kids with bottled water to drink. My kids were excited because we are in the last few weeks of school and that means field trips, parties, and just out right fun. Well then this morning we got another phone call saying that school was cancelled for today, Wednesday, because of further water problems. This time we have no water. So as the kids woke up I asked them to please not flush the toilet after using the bathroom and I will bring in water from our 55 gallon drum we filled to flush the toilet with. I got a few puzzled looks from my kids, but they agreed.
You just never realize how much you take for granted the everyday essentials until you are without them. Thank goodness for good friends who called us late Monday night to give us heads up.:)
ON another note: Eric has gone down to the hospital with his siblings to meet with the Doctors. I will post more when I know more.
Jennylin
2 comments:
I had to chuckle about you getting your two years supply over night. That is crazy about the water. I remember that happening before but not that bad. Hopefully the water problems have improved.
Since I work in the water industry, I understand the importance of having it available. I hope that before long it is back on line and your life can get back to normal (hehee, what is normal?).
Congrat to Eric for running the Ogden Marathon. . .just thinking about it makes me want to stay put on my nice comfy couch! I am just not up to putting my body through such exhaustion.
I also have been keeping your MIL in my thoughts and prayers.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
Post a Comment