Monday, October 20, 2008

CHEST TUBE UPDATE

Sorry it has taken me so long to update. His chest tube is in and drained a TON of fluid almost instantly. His resperations returned to normal and his oxygen level is higher and he looks much better. They will leave the chest tube in as long as he is draining, and then once he is no longer draining they will change his diuretics to oral and see how he tolerates that, and if his chest tube still doesn't drain then they will talk about pulling it out. So needless to say we are here for a bit longer. Which is fine with me, I would rather stay here and be sure he is 100% than go home too soon and end of back here. These plural effusions are not at all uncommon for Fontan kids. Thanks for checking in on us. We love reading your comments, they mean so much.
Jennylin

8 comments:

Katie said...

Bryson is sure a little trooper!Glad the chest tube is draining and proving that it's helping his numbers already. I've heard the same with the Fontan...lots of draining, which is the only thing that prolongs the stay. Hope all continues to go well and you'll be home in no time!

Love,
Katie (Maddie's mom)

Hanberg's said...

Sounds like that was exactly what he needed to continue recovering quicker. Thanks for all the updates for us who are far away. Love ya!

rick&alisse said...

hang in there and we will keep praying!!

Sara said...

It 's good to be able to keep track and know that things are going well. Hopefully the new chest tube will be just the trick to get to 100%. You make me feel guilty that I have not updated my blog in over a week, I'm certainly not busy in the hospital entertaining a 2 yr old. I don't know how you find the time. Looks like you and the kids had a great time over the weekend. Love you guys. Hugs and prayers.

Shari Loveless said...

Hi Jenny, Sounds like Bryson is in good hands, and I'm glad your still there. All will be well with him now, and patience is a virture. Wish I could be there, and visit with you. But hang in there, remember all the prayers for your family. Love, Shari

the peine's said...

Looks like we have many more late night chats coming.....I'm excited!

Me said...

Bummer, If I would have known you were still there I would have come said hello. Those silly plural affusions! I feel really bad taking your pass to the childrens museaum. I hope you will forgive me. I am glad you got to spend time with the kids, I bet they loved it. If you are still there on Thursday I will come say Hello. Much Love, Hilary

Mike and Linda Bringhurst said...

Sounds like he is just plain worn out and needs the rest. I am glad that he is feeling a little better from the fluid drainage, too bad he is so sore from the procedure but hopefully he will be getting more comfortable and back to his smiling self. Tomorrow it is back to school and so hopefully they will have my computer fixed to be able to check the carpage, if not I will be in withdrawal. We love you and are glad for updates.
love, mom b