Friday, October 10, 2008
Surgery Complete
Well 7 Hours after we rolled Bryson back to the OR, the surgeon just came out and gave us the thumbs up that the operation is complete. He said that things went well and they were able to do everything they needed to do. He brought us out a sample of the tubing that they placed inside of Bryson. They used it to connect the lower half of Bryson directly to his pulmonary artery. Since Bryson's heart can't pump blood to his lungs, all of his blood now flows passively to his lungs. His oxygen saturation should be better now that all of his blood will return to the lungs to get new oxygen. He also told us that they were able to take out his breathing tube in the OR before going to the PICU, which is really good news. We will be able to see him in about 30 minutes or so. So far everything looks great and we will continue to pray for a great recovery. Bryson is such as trooper, 3 Major Open Heart Surgeries before the age of 2! He is an incredible little boy and we love him so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am so glad that things went well. We will keep you in our prayers.
I agree he is an incredible little boy, but given who his parents and family are . . it's not out of the ordinary.
I am grateful to read that things went well and so now I am hoping, praying that things continue to go well with his recovery and that he will be back home enjoying life and his 2nd B-day!
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
YAY Bryson!! Stay strong lil buddy!
Sounds like a long day for all of you, Byson is a trooper. I love the pictures, and hope you are all doing well, now the recovery time begins. Keep the smiles, and we will keep praying. Love Shari
I just got home from work and have been thinking about Bryson all day. I'm so glad to hear that things are going as planned! He will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers during his recovery and hopefully it will be uneventful.
Hugs,
Mike & Family
I'm still doing my happy dance, I know the recovery will be long, please know that I will keep praying for you guys, I wish I could be there. I'm glad you have mom and dad and annie beth; not to mention all the angels rooting for him in heaven.
Hooray for Bryson! I hope that things continue to go well for you guys and as always, your family is in our prayers
We are so glad to hear that everything went well with Brysons surgery. We will continue to keep him in our prayers for the days to come. We love you guys!!
Post a Comment