Friday, October 10, 2008
Update #4
Well I had a delay in getting the last update posted because we had a break to eat at the renowned Rainbow Cafe. So shortly after getting that posted, we had another update. Bryson is now off the Bypass machine which is great news. This to me is the scariest part of the operation, because until the heart starts functioning again nobody knows how well things are going. They have the wiring placed for his future pacemaker and the echo showed that things are functioning good with no major leakage. They will now begin to close his chest. There will be some temporary pacer wires in to control any post op rhythm issues and he will also have 3 chest tubes in for drainage. So in the next hour or so we should be able to talk to Dr. Kouretas and then shortly after that be able to see him in the PICU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good news that they are closing the chest and not leaving it open. Oh. . .I am praying hard!
(((HUGS)))
Carolyn
Good job Bryson!!! We love you!
YaHoo I am doing my happy dance!!
Yeah, the one that embarrasses my kids but I did it here at the shop so I've spared them the anguish...keep hanging in there...
SO glad things went well. That waiting room is torture. You are in our prayers for a speedy recovery and short stay at PCMC.
I am so glad he came off bypass ok. Yea for Bryson (and Dr. K)!
hugs & prayers,
Christina
Post a Comment