

Well as you can see from the second picture, Bryson is relaxing in the PICU. He has always liked to cross his legs when he sleeps and when we found him like this we knew that Bryson is getting back to himself. Things seem to be really going well. Overnight Bryson pulled off his oxygen and his sats were 90 on room air so they left it off him. We have never seen oxygen saturation's in the 90's before and it is exciting to see. He is finally able to drink juice and he can't seem to get enough of it. They are going to give him some milk a little later on and he will love that. The left chest tube does not have much drainage so they are talking about pulling that tube out today along with his RA line. (This is a line that goes directly into his right atrium of his heart). They even mentioned the word floor at some point tonight or tomorrow. This is exciting news as we were told probably a minimum of 5 days in the PICU. This has been a tough surgery in that Bryson is 2 years old next week, so he is a little harder to comfort when you can't pick him up and wants to be a little more mobile then he can be. He likes to sleep on his belly but with all the chest tubes he has to resort to being flat on his back. All in all things are going very well, we are so thankful for the prayers and thoughts on our behalf.
7 comments:
This is A GREAT way to wake up this morning! I will see you all in a bit.
Too cute the way he's laying with his legs crossed. So happy to hear that he's cruising right through this! What an encouragement to us for our "future Fontan" with Maddie. He looks great :) Keep up it up Bryson!
Love & prayers,
Katie (Maddie's mom)
I too have a little boy, Nathan that sleeps with his legs crossed. . .it made me laugh.
Cole is not doing well today, after we left the Bountiful instacare last night, he continued to have episodes of throwing up on our way home. Scott was up with him all night and I have been with him since morning. If we can't seem to keep the pedialite in him. .then we will be taking him to UVRMC for IV's. . .needless to say, I won't be up today :0( I am sorry.
I am glad that things are going well with his recovery and I will call you later.
The picture of the leg crossed is so dang cute. I wish I could sleep like that. At least he looks like he has no cares in the world. Keep up the faith, and I hope you can hold him soon. Love to all. Shari
My son Ashton, who is now 11 (HPLH, asd, vsd, etc.) also sleeps with his leg crossed. He did it a lot when he was just a baby and we had a nurse in the hospital tell us that a lot of the heart kids do it. Wonder why??
-Carolyn H.
So glad to hear that everything went well and that he is doing good. Hope things continue to progress well.
Gary, Camille, Sam and Alex-IHH Family
Good job Bryson!! Keep those sats up!!!
Prayers,
Melissa
Post a Comment